.
A paper plane story
Monday 10 April 2017@1:18 pm
My story. My life


Taipei trip from 15 to 21 March 2017

My 3rd time back in Taiwan. This post is going to be about my itinerary for 7 days, information about getting to places.

Day 1
Travel to our hotel – CityInn Hotel Plus Xi Men Ding Branch > Xi Men Ding > Danshui old street 


Travelling to Taipei from Taoyuan Airport

Travelled to Taipei from Taoyuan airport by bus. There is this new airport train to Taipei main station but I didn’t try it out since I prefer bus ride and I got free bus voucher from the Taiwan tourism board in Singapore.

There are different bus company to choose from but I choose Kuo Kuang bus company. The bus service is 1819 at Beth 5 which will bring us to Taipei Main Station. The journey is around 1hr. You can pack food up the bus to eat. The bus ticket will cost around NT$125. The interchange is right outside Taipei main station Exit M5.


After which we changed to the metro to travel to Xi Men Ding (XMD). Remember to buy the Easycard from any convenient mart like 7-11, Hi-life, Family Mart etc. 

CityInn Hotel Plus Xi Men Ding Branch 

The hotel we are staying at is CityInn Hotel Plus XMD branch.  Second time staying here. Just take the MRT to Xi Men station and exit through Exit 3 and you will see the hotel just opposite the station. The service is great with good location. The cons are the floor of the rooms are not carpeted and the rooms are quite squeezy but overall everything else is good.  There are washing machine and dryer to do your laundry which is what I like. Their check in time is 3pm and check out time is 12noon.  


Sozo hair salon

Went to walk around XMD, decided to do my hair at Sozo hair salon. Every time I go Taipei, I confirm will go there do my hair. Did scalp treatment for NT$680 and cut my hair for NT$500. Now cutting of hair is depending on the hair stylist and not by the length of hair. There are NT$500, NT$600 or NT$800 depending on which hair stylist you choose.

Sozo hair salon FB

Dan Shui old street 

At night, went to Danshui old street. If you’re going Danshui old street you might as well go Fisherman’s Wharf and Lover’s Bridge. Take MRT to Tamsui station (red line) and take bus R26 from the bus terminal just outside the station. Alight at the last stop.
The Danshui old street is located just behind the MRT station.  A good place to chill and enjoy the night view by the riverside. 

Labels: