.
Taiwan trip day 1 - A paper plane story
Monday 3 November 2014@2:50 pm
My story. My life



Well hello there, I went to Taiwan for my graduation trip from 9-24 March 2014. Before the trip I had found lots of useful information by reading off other people’s blog thus I shall now blog about my trip as well to provide information for others if you would like to go Taiwan one day.
For the Taiwan trip I went Taichung, Nantou (Cingjing & Sun Moon Lake) & lastly Taipei

Day 1 – Spent the whole day travelling

The Airline that I took was Eva Airline. It was not bad, you have your personal screen to watch movies, play games or listen to music. Our flight was scheduled to fly at 12.50noon but was delayed due to some reason. The flight duration is about 4hrs++
This is the meal provided during the flight. I think the bread taste the nicest, if only I could request for more haha


By the time we reached Taoyuan Airport was around 6pm or so. I read on some blog to go apply for Youth Travel Card at the airport. It is free, just present your passport and fill in a form. Just flash the card at some tourist attractions and you will get to enjoy some discount. I didn’t apply for it because we were rushing to catch the 7.05pm Kuo Kuang Bus to Taichung. The bus ticket cost NT$240. Please do not lose the ticket because they will request for it at the end of the journey. The bus ticket counter was at the same level as the arrival hall and to be honest I have no idea which level we were at, level 1 guess since the bus pick up point was just next to the entrance where the bus ticket counters were located at.
When we arrived, the temperature was 14°C; with the strong wind blowing at us it was damn freaking cold. Finally board the bus, there is allocated bus seat so just look at your ticket. Took the bus all the way to the last station which is Taichung Railway station. The bus journey is around 2hrs +. The bus dropped us not at the station but near the station so we had to walk over with our heavy luggage.

The hotel that we stayed in was CityInn Hotel Plus Taichung Station Branch. I highly recommend this hotel, the service and environment is good.

It’s taken from their website so just go to their website for more info.

By the time we checked in was around 10pm+ and so we spent the day travelling. There is a 7-11 store and cosmed store at the railway station. You can buy the Easycard which is like our Ez-link card for NT$100 at the 7-11 store, and you still have to top up money in order to travel around by public transport. It can be used in Taipei as well. 

We didn't buy sim card throughout the whole trip as we figured out that we don't really need it as there is free wifi in our hotel and some of the places. Thus we could save on that amount.






Labels: